- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Manawatu – Wanganui
- Date Advertised: 11-JUN-19
- Job Reference: NZ/1906026
- Job Title: Construction Project Manager
- Business Unit:
What you will do
This position has responsibility for project management and delivery of building infrastructure projects, and is responsible for the development of project plans and schedules, management of design and construction suppliers and delivery of the projects within set tolerances (time/budget/quality/scope/risks and benefits) through the life of the project until hand-over to BAU.
This involves working closely with key stakeholders and team members to manage the successful design and construction of all in-scope infrastructure and meet project objectives.
What we need
- Demonstrated construction project management skills;
- A good working level of understanding of relevant property legislation, infrastructure planning, and building consenting processes;
- The ability to deal with complex issues and excellent problem-solving skills;
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship building skills;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Demonstrated computer literacy particularly including project management tools.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the NZ Defence Force, where you will enjoy handling and resolving challenges.
Who we are
DEI are critical enablers for the delivery of NZDF military capabilities and the support it provides to other government agencies and the community.
The current estate is a complex network of approximately 81,000 hectares and 5,000 buildings spread across nine camps and bases, two large land training areas and various regional locations.
The purpose of the (DEI) is to develop, maintain and manage land and infrastructure assets to support NZDF military capabilities and all of government outcomes.
Every hour of every day, 365 days of the year, the New Zealand Defence Force is contributing to the defence, security and well-being of Aotearoa / New Zealand. As a modern, professional military, it is our goal to maintain well trained, equipped and disciplined armed forces that can react to crisis at short notice.
By joining our team you are making a great career decision. A recent staff satisfaction survey highlighted why:
- Be part of an effective team with freedom and flexibility to do my job
- Able to maintain a balance between my personal and working life
- Inspired to go the extra mile to help NZDF succeed.
Check out of the great benefits for you and your family when you join NZDF!
How to Apply
To view the Position Description and to Apply Online please visit our Defence Careers website, or use the links on this page. For further information please connect Mark Wing on (06) 351 9774.
Please note : If you are an existing NZDf employee (excluding contractors) you must apply through our Internal Vacancies site, via the HR Toolkit.
Applications close on Tuesday 25 June 2019.
Please note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand (NZ) and be able to obtain and maintain the required level of NZ Government security clearance for the position applied for. The minimum citizenship and residency criteria for security clearances to be granted by the NZ Defence Force are as follows:
Higher level Security Clearance
- most preferably a NZ citizen who has resided continuously in this country for the last 10 years, OR
- is a citizen of, and/or has resided continuously in one or more of the following countries for the last 10 years: either Australia, Canada, NZ, UK or the USA; and has a background history that is verifiable and can be assessed as appropriate by the NZSIS towards a recommendation of suitability for a security clearance at a higher level.
If you do not meet these minimum criteria, we will not be able to accept your application.