- Are you an experienced Health and Safety Advisor looking for you next challenge?
- Would you like to work in a large organisation with plenty of opportunities for career development?
- Wellington CBD location
About our Team
The Health, Safety and Security (HSS) group supports the Ministry’s managers and staff to put health, safety and security at the heart of everything we do. We lead the development of HSS strategy and operational policy and are responsible for the design, development and deployment of programmes and initiatives that support and strengthen the Ministry’s HSS culture, as well as providing technical expertise and support to frontline teams and health and safety committees.
About the role
In this role you will
- Provide expert advice and professional support in the area of Health and Safety
- Providing leadership support and advice in relation to the Ministry’s Health and Safety Policy Framework, and ensure the Ministry’s systems help achieve organisational Health and Safety outcomes
- You will participate, lead and support the development and implementation of Health and Safety strategies
- Provide project leadership, including project scoping and planning, stakeholder engagement and project reporting
Skills and Experience
- A current Health and Safety Practitioner
- A relevant tertiary qualification (or experience)
- strong project and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of Machinery of Government and State Sector processes.
- proven ability to manage key relationships at a senior level both internally and externally
- proven analytical and writing skills.
If this sounds like you, please apply now.
How to Apply
To apply, click the ‘Apply Now’ button to upload your CV and cover letter, and complete the online application form.
Note: Your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the requirements of this job.
Also, let us know in your cover letter the role of your preference or if you are interested in being considered for both roles.
All applications must be made online. If this is not possible or if you have any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Employees – please apply through your myHR portal at work. This will ensure that your myHR employee profile is visible as internal.
Application Close: 25th June 2019