- Job Type: Ongoing – Full Time
- Location: Wellington – Wairarapa
- Date Advertised: 14-JUN-19
- Job Reference: NZ/BSA
- Job Title: Business Solutions Analyst
- Business Unit:
Have you got experience with IT business analyst techniques?
Are you interested in contributing to and helping shape the future of Fire and Emergency New Zealand?
Fire and Emergency New Zealand is a Crown Entity established on 1 July 2017 under the Fire and Emergency New Zealand Act 2017. The role of our new organisation is to reduce unwanted fires, respond to structural and vegetation fires and other emergencies including motor vehicle crashes, medical emergencies, hazardous substance related incidents, natural disasters and support increased community resilience.
Our new, unified organisation provides a fire and emergency service that delivers for communities, and the firefighters who serve them, now and in the future.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Solutions Analyst to join our busy and innovative team. Reporting to the Business Solutions Analyst Team Leader, you’ll be responsible for effective delivery of business solutions to the assigned portfolio of business units.
This includes the following:
- Maintenance and expert level support of the application systems used by the business units
- The continual enhancement of the application systems to meet business requirements and ensure maximum return of investment in the systems
- Service delivery which is done in accordance to an agreed programme of work via close engagement with the business units
Our ideal applicant will have the following:
- Proven track record of delivering business solutions to a portfolio of business units
- Experience with IT business analysis techniques including business process modelling and data entity relationship modelling
- Extensive skills in the preparation of business proposal, requirements specifications, statement of work, translating business requirements into functional specifications and IT requirements, all in line with the organisation’s objectives
- In-depth knowledge and experience with systems, their development and life cycle, including web based and mobile applications
- Proven experience of delivery through the management of vendors and contracts
- Tertiary qualified Computer Science/IT or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience working in a comparably complex IT environment
- Be motivated to work proactively and use initiative
- Build strong relationships with people at all levels across Fire and Emergency New Zealand
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Resourceful and self-sufficient
This is a full-time role based in Wellington, and our salary band is $102,858 – $114,287.
We offer a great range of benefits as part of this permanent role:
- If you contribute to Kiwisaver we will match your contributions up to 6%, which is 3% more than the amount employers are required to pay
- Wellness policy – your own sick leave will be paid with no limit (provided there is fair use)
- An additional week of annual leave after five years; and additional one off long service leave of two weeks at ten and 20 years
How to apply
For more information about this role please contact Irene Scheepers, Business Solution Analyst on 027 519 8828
If this sounds like you, please visit our website to find out more information about this role and how to apply.
Applications close 11pm Sunday, 30 June 2019.